The UNC System Office requires each institution in the System to develop and implement a high-level action plan to address key focus areas of the biennial survey that require further attention. NC State’s action plan adheres to these guiding principles:
- Focuses on NC State’s mission, vision and values.
- Aligns survey focus areas with NC State’s strategic plan and the UNC System strategic plan.
- Celebrates and builds on our strengths.
- Addresses opportunities for further improvement.
NC State and its individual colleges and divisions developed four focus areas in 2018:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Institutional pride and employee recognition
- Policies, resources and efficiency
- Professional development: Leadership and performance management
These included areas already being addressed by existing strategic initiatives, as well as new programs. The focus areas were evaluated according to the baseline established in the 2018 survey.
Following the 2020 survey, colleges and units continued to track progress in these areas and also identified new areas for improvement. However, the disruptions in university operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic significantly constrained NC State’s response to the 2020 survey.
Now that university operations are returning to pre-pandemic levels, look for colleges and divisions to address many of the issues raised in the 2020 and 2022 surveys.