For information and assistance, please attend one of our UHR Furlough Based Program Overview and Q&A information sessions. The sessions will be conducted via Zoom.
The Faculty & Staff Assistance Program (FASAP) provides support, resources and information, for personal and work-life issues. The FASAP Program is university-sponsored, confidential, and provided at no charge to faculty, staff and members of their households. The program is administered through a third-party provider, ComPsych.
The fastest and most efficient way to file a new unemployment claim is to file online at the North Carolina Division of Employment Security website. Unemployment claimants must list the name of the institution as NC State University at Raleigh.
Customer Call Center: 888-737-0259
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance: 866-847-7209
Monday – Friday: 8am to 6pm
Saturday: 8am to 5pm
Sunday: 12pm to 5pm
To get a rough estimate of what your take home pay may be once your furlough or temporary salary reduction takes effect, you can utilize the below Salary Paycheck Calculator tools. Benefits deduction information can be found on the benefits website. It is recommended that you use your most recent pay stub to enter your benefits deductions into the calculators for more accurate results.
NOTE: These tools are not intended to provided you an actual statement of your net pay. They are used to provide an estimate only to help you plan.
- Furlough Estimated Pay Calculator (Excel format) – NC State developed tool
- Salary Paycheck Calculator – Pay Check City tool
If you have additional payroll related questions you can contact University Payroll by phone at 919-515-4350, or by email at email@example.com.
- Health and Human Services:
- NC 2-1-1 is an information and referral service that families and individuals can call to obtain free and confidential information on health and human services resources within their community. NC 2-1-1 operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year and resources are available in most languages.
- Child Care Resources:
- NC State University Child Care website
- Child Care Hotline: 888-600-1685
- Mental Health Support:
- Call Hope4NC at 855-587-3463
- Feed the Pack:
- Feed the Pack is a community-based initiative sustained by the greater NCSU community to combat the food insecurity experienced by members of the Wolf Pack family.
LinkedIn Learning is an online video training library with thousands of expert-created courses covering technology, software, hardware, business, career-building, creativity, and more. LinkedIn Learning is designed for all levels of learners. Videos are available at all times and can be viewed on any internet-connected device, including your mobile phone. LinkedIn Learning is available at no charge to any current NC State Unity student, faculty, or staff member with a Unity ID.