NC State has implemented a variety of safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus. Here are five ways the university is protecting the Pack:
Requiring Face Coverings
Students, staff and faculty are required to wear face coverings that cover their nose and mouth in all NC State buildings and all university programs held in nonuniversity buildings. Employees and students must wear face coverings at all times in classrooms and laboratories and in outdoor spaces on campus property when they cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distance from others.
The university will provide face coverings to on-site employees who need them. For more information, visit the Emergency Management and Mission Continuity website.
Installation of Hand Sanitizer Stations
NC State has placed hand sanitizing stations near designated entrances in each building on campus.
Making Classrooms Safe
To help students maintain a safe distance from each other, some rows of seats aren’t available for use in classrooms. In rows where seats are available, every other seat must remain empty.
The university has installed Plexiglas partitions at instructor work stations in 110 classrooms. Mobile Plexiglas partitions are also available for instructors to use.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Building Fixtures and Interiors
NC State has increased the frequency of cleaning of high-traffic areas like stairwells and lounges and of high-touch surfaces such as push bars, door handles, light switches, water fountains and restroom fixtures.
Implementing New Bus Safety Guidelines
If you ride a Wolfline bus, follow these guidelines:
- Bus riders should stay 6 feet apart from each other while waiting at bus stops.
- Riders should use the hand sanitizer stations located on buses.
- When riders get on a bus, they should fill available seats from the back of the bus first, moving toward the front.
- Some bus seats will be prohibited for use, to facilitate physical distancing.
- Only three passengers will be allowed to stand inside buses. The appropriate places to stand are marked.
- Bus drivers will open roof hatches on buses to let in fresh air when the weather permits.
- Riders should exit the bus using the rear door.