Employees are required to certify their leave balances on an annual basis in the university’s time and attendance system. Below, please find instructions for annually certifying your leave balances in WolfTime.
- If the employee has a pending request, the certification cannot be processed. The balance will not reflect the correct leave amount until after the next absence management update (Tuesday).
- SHRA employees cannot carry over a negative balance at year end (Dec. 31, 2018). All negative balances must be resolved. If no leave is available, the employee’s absences must be changed to leave without pay, and the employee will have the overdrawn leave taken from the next available paycheck.
Human Resources Deadlines
Dates below are Human Resources deadlines. Departments and units may have established and communicated internal deadlines that occur prior to Human Resources deadlines.
- Submit and approve outstanding leave balance requests for 2018.
- Employee deadline to submit leave requests: Jan. 14, 2019. Employees submit any outstanding leave requests for absences from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2018. If an employee does not have any outstanding leave requests for 2018, they can move to step 2.
- Supervisor deadline to approve leave requests: Jan. 28, 2019. Supervisors review and approve any pending leave requests for 2018 for their direct reports.
- Complete the leave certification process.
- Employees: Beginning on Jan. 9, 2019, employees can initiate the 2018 leave certification process after all their outstanding 2018 leave requests have been approved. Log into MyPack Portal and navigate to Employee Self Service > WolfTime.
- How-to videos for exempt employees:
- How-to videos for nonexempt employees:
- Supervisors: Supervisor deadline to approve certifications is Feb. 11, 2019. Supervisors review and approve all direct report leave certifications.
- How-to videos for Supervisors:
- Receive certification.
- Once an employee’s supervisor approves their certification, the process will be complete and the employee will receive an email notification.If the manager denies the certification, the certification process will be canceled, and the employee will receive an email with comments stating the reason for the cancellation.
Leave Coordinator Certification Review
It is not necessary for leave coordinators to approve employee certifications in their unit. However, if the employee’s supervisors are unable to approve employee certifications for any reason, a leave coordinator can approve an employee’s absence certification with approval from the supervisor.
- How-to video for Leave Coordinators:
If you need assistance, please contact your college or department leave coordinator, or the WolfTime team.